Export to Outlook | Export to iCal
- Hosted by Bee City USA
- Sunday May 20, 2018, 1-4PM
- Lookout Mountain School Gym
- 321 N. Bragg Ave. 37350
- Free admission and parking.
- Indoor festival - rain or shine.
“Buzz “on over to Lookout Mountain School to get a peek into the world of pollinators and the challenges they face. Learn what you can do to safeguard a vibrant future for these “tiny creatures” on the mountain.
Special Children’s event: Live hawks, owls, crows and various furry animals will be exhibited by the Reflection Riding staff. See the wildlife that lives on our mountain alive and up close.
Pollinator Exhibits: Free brochures, pollinator planting guides and coloring activities and face painting for children.
- Native plants for sale by Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center.
- “Why be a Friend to Pollinators?” poster contest winners from Lookout Mountain School and Fairyland School will be on display.
- Pollinator Gardens: How to attract bees, butterflies, and birds to your yard. Bring photos of your yard and get free advice from the Wild Ones on what native plants will attract pollinators.
- Butterfly Gardens and how to attract butterfly babies to your yard. Learn about the life cycle of butterflies and what plants can attract these beautiful creatures to your yard.
- Organic solutions for common yard problems. Learn about safe products to use in your yard that will not harm children, pets or pollinators.
- Beekeeper display. Derick Forester, a third-generation beekeeper on the mountain, will have a demonstration hive, honey and bee products for sale.
- Vegetable Gardening and Pollinators: How to increase your yields by improving your soil and by attracting native bees to your garden.
- Encaustic art by Betsy Rice: Come watch the artist heat beeswax and resin to create works of art.
- Christine Bock from the Aquarium will give away free pollinator seedlings.
- Bees on a Bicycle will be selling botanically themed garden items and gifts.