Export to Outlook | Export to iCal
the earth day festival will be back!
EVENT POSTPONED - Stay tuned for details as we choose a new date.
Meanwhile, the plant sale has moved online. Click here to shop for plants.
Start your day off with a trail run from Rock/Creek, then check out our popular annual Native Plant Sale.
Stick around and listen to live music while enjoying lunch from local food trucks, then go explore the rest of the property through guided hikes and other adventures.
After festivities wind down, we're offering camping again for members and guests who want to keep the fun going.
Bring the entire family and plan to stick around all day.
Sign Up To Volunteer
For reference, here are the jobs we're recruiting for and a brief description:
- Parking - help cars park neatly on the field, greet and direct guests
- Welcome/Flyers - greet guests, answer questions, assist with fundraising efforts
- Plant Counting - tally the cost of plants and send customers to final checkout
- Plant Loading - carry flats and wagons of plants to cars and thank guests for coming
- Plant Selection - a skilled position only! please only sign up for this spot if you have checked in with Martha or John
- Clean Up - help pack up the fun and thank guests for their support
- Plant Valet - like a coat check for plants! during the Earth Day Festival only
- Bioblitz Photography - we need volunteers with nice cameras to take photos of the wildlife scientists find
Rock/Creek Trail Race
Stay tuned for details; this trail race will be fun and utilizes the beautiful trail system within the 317-acre property of Chattanooga's own Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center.
native plant sale
One of the best ways to go "green"? Plant native plants! They've evolved to thrive in Chattanooga's unique environment and climate, and help to rebuild the biodiversity we've lost with the growth and development of this region. We'll have a member preview Thursday and public sale Friday and Saturday during the Earth Day Festival. For each native plant you buy, we’ll plant one too! Your plant purchases support ecosystem restoration in both your yard and our 317-acre teaching landscape.
GreG haynes fine art
Come meet Greg Haynes - the artist behind a masterful collection of native botanical watercolors - for a Thursday evening member reception. Guests will have a chance to purchase Haynes' prints and meet the artist.
Learn about the upcoming City Nature Challenge
More information coming soon on volunteer needs for our next BioBlitz: a 30-day community science project that aims to find and document all flora and fauna throughout our 317 acre property (and the larger Chattanooga region as well. Scientists with expertise in each taxon will lead a group to document the living species they find. We'll also ask volunteers to support the research using photography and the iNaturalist app.