A safe, healthy and environmentally sound property for all visitors is accomplished through a variety of Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center activities, including safety and security education programs.
Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center believes all injuries and illnesses can be prevented and prevention is everyone’s responsibility.
- Our goal is to eliminate any foreseeable hazards which may result in personal injury/illness, property damage/loss and business interruptions caused by accidents, fires, leaks or other hazards.
- Also, it is our goal to ensure that the organization’s operations do not adversely affect our community and the environment, and that we comply with all federal, state and local safety, health and environmental regulations.
- The organization encourages all visitors to join in a personal commitment to accident prevention as a way of life during their visit.
- The Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center has installed and maintains a security system to protect the premises from fire, unlawful entry and theft.
- Stay on marked trails and paths. Straying off the marked trails and paths destroys flora and may expose the visitor to hazards.
- Observe the speed limit when driving the loop. Walkers, runners, bikers and children attending educational programs are sometimes on the roadways.
- We are a wildlife sanctuary so pets are not allowed on the property.
- If you plan to walk or hike be sure to bring water for proper hydration.
- Everyone renting canoes must view a 15 minute video at the Visitor Center to review rental and safety procedures and paddling techniques
- Minors (children under 18) must be accompanied by an adult
- Life jacket must be worn at all times
- Paddlers MUST stay on Lookout Creek only
- Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center reserves the right to prohibit canoe usage during inclement weather
Firearms or other dangerous weapons are not allowed on Reflection Riding Arboretum & Nature Center premises (even if you hold a permit). Please leave these items in your car or at home.