Our Common Garter Snake came to Reflection Riding in November 2005 and is a favorite resident of Snake Tale Alley.
- They are often mistakenly called “garden snakes.”
- The Common Garter Snake is the most commonly encountered snake throughout its range.
- These snakes are one of the few kinds of animals that can eat toads, newts and other amphibians with strong chemical defenses.
What to look for:
- He is very quick and enjoys hiding in his log, empty turtle-shell or under his water dish.
- He often peers at us while we are working in his enclosure or preparing to feed him.
- He is very comical to watch.
Download more interesting information about Common Garter Snake!