Embark on a new adventure! Take a two-hour, self-guided canoe tour along Lookout Creek where fawns stop to drink, turtles sunbathe, and Great Blue Herons soar just a few feet above your head!
Reservations are required to use canoes. Canoeing is open during business hours only. Canoes and kayaks can be used only when water levels and conditions are safe. During storm or rain conditions, participants are advised to call before planning their outing.
Canoe Orientations are offered:
Saturday at 10 a.m., noon, and 1:30 p.m., Sunday at 1:30 p.m. and orientations are available on Weekdays by appointment only.
- Fill out canoe waivers. Download a canoe waiver below. (Canoe waivers for children under 18 years of age must be signed by their parent or legal guardian).
- Watch a 15-minute video at the Visitor Center, to review rental and safety procedures, fitting for PFDs and paddles, and basic paddling techniques.
- Get a check-out card that you can use on future canoeing adventures.
- Canoes are available from 9 a.m. with final check-out ending at 3 p.m. during regular business hours.
- Equipment and keys must be returned 30 minutes prior to closing.
For more information or to make reservations call 423-821-1160 Ext. 0.